Brochure Type: Luxury Gold 2018
Uncover the very essence of Britain, as we introduce you to knowledgeable experts and passionate locals who will bring stories from the past and present to life. Meet iconic personalities, such as a Royal Horse Guard in London and a bagpiper in Edinburgh, and go to significant destinations that were once frequented by the likes of Shakespeare and notorious kings. As you travel in elegant style, stay at the most sought-after addresses in Britain, dine at a Michelin-star restaurant and savour local specialities, such as English cream scones served on a traditional steam train. Enjoy a selection of exclusive VIP experiences, including private visits to royal gardens, Edinburgh Castle and the Tower of London for a private viewing of the Ceremony of the Keys. From the beautiful Georgian city of Bath to the mesmerising Lake District, this is a journey of a lifetime. See how you travel like a VIP with Luxury Gold
- London: Enjoy a glamorous Welcome Dinner at one of London's finest addresses, The Milestone Hotel. Surrounded by rich mahogany furniture and traditional decor, you'll savour delicious seasonal flavours and wines recommended by a dedicated sommelier.
- Bath: Experience an exquisite Highlight Dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant, in the heart of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Edinburgh Regale in Scottish tea and scones in one of Edinburgh's traditional ceilidh ballroom.
- Dinning Summary: 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Morning Tea (MT) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Chairmans Collection departures: 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Morning Tea (MT), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- London: See British pageantry at its best, as you witness the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace, when available. It's a great privilege guarding the Sovereign and a quintessential British tradition that dates back to 1660.
- London: Meet a passionate resident, your Local Expert, who will share the city's fascinating history, as you see Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.
- Windsor Castle: Famous for its long-standing association with the British Royal family, Windsor Castle is where you Local Expert will describe how knights are appointed, where they live in the Castle and what duties they are required to perform.
- Bath: Explore the famous Roman Baths.
- Cotswolds: Journey through the Cotswolds which are among the most quintessential and unspoiled regions of England, famous for gentle, rolling hillsides known as 'wolds', green river valleys and historic market towns, where time has stood still for over 300 years.
- Windermere: Enjoy a nostalgic ride on a historic steam train along the banks of Windermere.
- Windermere: Journey across Windermere on a romantic, private cruise.
- Alnwick: Explore majestic Alnwick Castle, steeped in history.
- Edinburgh: Visit magnificent Edinburgh Castle, Scotland's most-visited tourist attraction. Join a Local Expert, who will share tales about the castle's tumultuous past and show you the Crown Jewels and Stone of Destiny.
- Edinburgh: In true Gaelic style, meet a fabulously entertaining bagpiper and be enchanted as you listen to iconic music and fascinating tales about Scottish culture.
- London: Located opposite Kensington Palace and Gardens, the award-winning Milestone Hotel embodies old-world charm with its rich mahogany furnishings and timeless British style. Voted the number one hotel in London at the Best Loved Hotel Awards 2016, the five-star Milestone offers traditional dining, 24-hour butler service with two staff members to every guest and sumptuous comforts.
- Bath: Located in the historic heart of Bath, the elegant Francis Hotel is set in an 18th century townhouse overlooking leafy Queen Square. It houses an impressive art collection and offers luxurious accommodation complete with a tea room, lounges and bars.
- York: Housed in the iconic former headquarters of the prestigious North Eastern Railway Company, the five-star Grand Hotel & Spa places you minutes away from museums, shops and the River Ouse. It boasts elegant guest bedrooms, a restaurant and bar, and a luxury spa uniquely situated in underground vaults.
- English Lake District: Set in the heart of the spectacular English Lake District, Leeming House is a short walk away from the shores of Ullswater. Its lounges and elegant guest bedrooms offer superb views of the lake.
- Edinburgh: Considered one of the best places to stay in Edinburgh, The Glasshouse is a five-star boutique hotel situated in the historic heart of the city. With beautifully- appointed guest suites and fine seasonal dining, the hotel's expansive roof garden is what sets it apart.
- London: You're invited to the Tower of London to experience the exclusive Ceremony of the Keys. This ancient gate-closing ritual has been carried out every night by the Beefeaters, without fail, for the last 700 years.
- York: Appreciate the beauty of York. Join a Local Expert for an exploration of the city walls, or embark on a leisurely guided tour of York Minster.
- York: Gain after-hours, VIP entry to the majestic Harlow Carr Gardens, a member of the Royal Horticultural Society. Join a garden curator to learn about indigenous plant species, before enjoying an exclusive twilight picnic.
- Edinburgh With a Local Expert, wander along Princes Street, past the Gothic Sir Walter Scott Monument, and continue down the Royal Mile to the gates of Holyrood Palace, the principal residence of Scottish royalty since the 16th century
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (727) 724-9094 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867459
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (please ask about our great deals)|
|Day 2||London||Welcome to London.: Meet your personal chauffeur on arrival at London Heathrow Airport and enjoy an escorted drive in a chic Mercedes Benz to the award-winning Milestone, an exquisite five-star hotel overlooking Kensington Palace and Gardens. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the Milestone is yours to explore, as you spend the day at leisure. Perhaps enjoy the most quintessential of English rituals, afternoon tea, hosted at the Milestone? At 18:00 meet your Travelling Concierge and travel companions for a grand Welcome Dinner hosted at your hotel. Savour classic British cuisine and take in the old-world ambiance of your surroundings. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Milestone Hotel, London.
|Day 3||London||Traditions and Treasures of London.: A modern-day hub of culture and commerce, and once the center of an empire, London is no doubt one of the world's greatest cities, teeming with millions of stories. Your Travelling Concierge will introduce you to a Local Expert - a passionate resident who will share fascinating stories about the city, as you explore the city to see Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. You will then continue past Downing Street, Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus. At the Household Cavalry Museum, uncover the secret messages hidden within a cavalryman's uniform and try on the royal uniform for yourself. Meet a serving Royal Horse Guard at the Horse Guards Parade and discover what it takes to be part of HM The Queen's Mounted Bodyguard. Stop at Buckingham Palace to witness the colourful Changing of the Guard ceremony, when available. Spend the afternoon shopping at Harrods, listening to the soapbox orators of Speaker's Corner or viewing the masterpieces in the National Gallery. Enjoy dinner at your leisure. Should you want to venture beyond your hotel, ask your knowledgeable Travelling Concierge for restaurant recommendations. In the evening, once the crowds have gone home, visit the great Tower of London to witness the Ceremony of the Keys. Join the warden for this ancient gate-closing ritual, carried out every night by the Beefeaters, without fail, for the past 700 years. (Buffet Breakfast)|
The Milestone Hotel, London.
|Day 4||London||Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Georgian Bath.: Windsor Castle, famous for its long-standing association with the British Royal family, dates back to the 11th century and is a spectacle of period architecture, manicured gardens and rich history. During a private visit to the castle, your Local Expert will describe how knights are appointed, where they live in the Castle and what duties they are required to perform. Your journey then continues to visit mysterious Stonehenge, a prehistoric UNESCO World Heritage burial site, and on to the Georgian city of Bath where people have been indulging in the healing waters for millennia. Enjoy a spectacular Highlight Dinner at a Michelin-star rated restaurant. With each Michelin-star restaurant around the world meticulously selected based on outstanding food quality, you are in for an unrivaled indulgence. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Francis Hotel Bath.
|Day 5||York||Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon and York: Visit the original Roman Baths and Georgian Pump Room, one of the greatest religious spas of the ancient world, and imagine how Romans once gathered to relish the good life. Continue your journey through the Cotswolds which are among the most quintessential and unspoiled regions of England, famous for gentle, rolling hillsides known as 'wolds', green river valleys and historic market towns, where time has stood still for over 300 years. Stop in picture-perfect Bibury, described by the esteemed William Morris as the 'prettiest village in the Cotswolds.' Head to Burford nestled on the meandering River Windrush, its high street an eye-pleasing mix of honey-coloured stone, chocolate-box cottages and Tudor buildings. After browsing the tea houses and quaint shops, a leisurely drive brings you to the sleepy limestone villages of Bourton-on-the-Water and Stow-on-the-Wold, two of the most picturesque towns of the northern Cotswolds. Arrive in Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare, and continue on to York. (Breakfast)|
The Grand Hotel & Spa, York
|Day 6||York||Medieval Wonders of York.: Step back in time as you meet the lively characters and explore the medieval streets of York. Once an important center of Roman occupation in England, this is a storybook city surrounded by a large stone wall dating back to the 13th century. You have a choice of two outstanding experiences today. Either join a Local Expert for a pulse-raising walk on the famous city walls - the longest medieval walls in England - and appreciate spectacular views of the river and the Old Town. Alternatively, embark on a leisurely guided tour to the York Minster, the largest medieval cathedral in northern Europe and one of the most outstanding Gothic buildings in the world. Spend free time this afternoon exploring York's many hidden gems. At sunset, join a garden curator for an after-hours VIP tour of the majestic Harlow Carr Gardens, a prestigious member of the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS). In the same league as the iconic RHS Chelsea Flower Show, the Harlow Carr Gardens boasts an idyllic stream spanning its length and a wide variety of indigenous plants. Uncover the many hidden gems of the garden, before being treated to a spectacular twilight picnic, harvested from the on-site kitchen garden in Farm-to-Table style. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Grand Hotel & Spa, York
|Day 7||Lake District||The Wild and Poetic Lake District.: The rugged and dramatic beauty of the English Lake District famously inspired 19th century writers such as Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth. Experience the charms of a bygone era, as you step aboard a historic steam train at the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway Station for a short ride along the southern banks of the lake. Wonder at views of soaring mountain ranges, mystical forests and indigo-blue waters, as you journey to vast Windermere for a private cruise along the southern banks of the lake. Disembark to explore the lakeside town of Bowness-on-Windermere. This evening dinner is served at a charming restaurant, Bistro at The Lakes Distillery, located on the picturesque Bassenthwaite Lake. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Leeming House, Ullswater, English Lake District.
|Day 8||Edinburgh||Alnwick Castle.: Journey to majestic Alnwick Castle and explore its magnificent interiors. Join a Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of the 11th Castle, with its striking medieval architecture and see why it was featured in the Harry Potter films. Travel up to the beautiful Scottish capital of Edinburgh where you have an evening to enjoy at your leisure. Your Travelling Concierge is a treasure-trove of knowledge and will happily guide you to the best local restaurants and attractions. Chairman's Collection If you are travelling on a Chairman's Collection departure, you will meet Her Grace The Duchess of Northumberland as she personally welcomes you for a private tour of her beloved garden. You are also introduced to the Head Gardner, Trevor Jones, who will lead you past a labyrinth, the serpent garden and ornate fountains, as you listen to the fascinating story of how The Duchess restored this exquisite garden to its former 18th century glory over the last twenty years. Admire this masterpiece of passion and dedication, which remains a work in progress, before indulging in a seasonal lunch. Join a Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of the 11th Castle, with its striking medieval architecture and see why it was featured in the Harry Potter films. Your travels continue to the beautiful Scottish capital of Edinburgh where you have an evening to enjoy at your leisure. Your Travelling Concierge is a treasure-trove of knowledge and will happily guide you to the best local restaurants and attractions. During August, you're invited to witness The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, one of the most spectacular military events on earth and a celebration of the history, heritage and colours of Scotland's regiments both near and far. Hosted every August, this renowned international showcase of military pageantry boasts performers from 48 countries. Enjoy the sounds and sites of bagpipes rising, drums cracking through the night air and performers dressed in tunics, kilts and tartans with Edinburgh Castle, lit up in colour, providing a dramatic backdrop. (Buffet Breakfast)|
The Glasshouse Hotel, Edinburgh.
|Day 9||Edinburgh||Highlights of Beautiful Edinburgh.: Enjoy a visit to magnificent Edinburgh Castle, the country's most visited landmark. Skip the queue and join a Local Expert for a guided exploration of the castle grounds. Learn about the castle's tumultuous history, see its Crown Jewels and Stone of Destiny, and appreciate panoramic views of the city below. Travel along Princes Street, past the Gothic Sir Walter Scott Monument, and continue down the Royal Mile to the gates of Palace of Holyroodhouse, the principal residence of Scottish royalty since the 16th century. In true Gaelic style, meet a professional bagpiper, who is said to have been the Queen Mother's favourite, and be enchanted as you listen to iconic music and fascinating tales about Scottish culture, whilst enjoying tea and scones. Raise a glass this evening to new friendships and a memorable journey, as we celebrate our finale dinner at one of the city's very best restaurants. (Buffet Breakfast / Morning Tea / Dinner with Wine)|
The Glasshouse Hotel, Edinburgh.
|Day 10||London||Return to London.: After breakfast you are transferred to the station to board your first-class train service. Your cross-country journey takes you south through the green English countryside as you return to London. Upon arrival you are transferred to The Milestone Hotel to check-in before you are at leisure to relax or continue exploring this fascinating city. (Buffet Breakfast)|
The Milestone Hotel, London.
|Day 11||Depart London||Depart London.: Your Luxury Gold journey will come to an end after breakfast with an included transfer to London Heathrow Airport. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Edinburgh Military Tattoo: 9 Aug departure will attend. Alternate Hotel: 5 Jul & 19 Jul departures will stay at The Montague on The Gardens in London. Chairman's Collection: 9 Aug and 13 Sep are designated Luxury Gold Chairman's Collection departures that will meet the Duchess of Northumberland and visit the gardens of Alnwick Castle with the Head Gardener. Special Small Groups: 7 Jun & 23 Aug departures are limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class